28 December 2011

Chocolate Hazelnut Banana French Toast

Earlier today, I get out of the bed past 1030am. I really took the time to rest since I have a really bad dry cough (+ asthma) and colds.

I decided to treat myself to a great breakfast (even if my throat is irritated). I was inspired by a brunch menu made by Chef Lynn in one of the episodes of Restaurant Makeover, Chocolate Hazelnut Banana French Toast. I didn't take any pictures of it because it's almost 11am and I am STARVING and, there's nothing fancy in what I did. No garnishes and no nice plating. Just a simple French toast, with a twist. What a way to start my sickly day. Yum!

Ok, so here's what I did (I didn't even bother to measure):

1 egg
About 1/4 cup of chocolate drink (I used powdered chocolate + water)
1 banana
Cinnamon powder
Hazelnut spread
a dash of vanilla
1 tbsp butter
Toasts

1. Beat together the egg, chocolate and vanilla. Set aside.

2. Spread the hazelnut on one side of each toast. Cut the banana evenly and place it on top of the hazelnut layer. Top with with the other slice of toast and gently press.

3. Dip the "sandwich" into the mixture until all sides are heavily coated.

4. Sprinkle cinnamon powder on each toast.

5. Melt the butter on the skillet. Place the toast and fry it until it is golden brown, around 2-3 minutes. Flip the toast and let it sit for another 2-3 minutes.

6. Serve it with whipping cream, berries, powdered sugar and maple syrup or whatever you like. (optional)


I can't find any pictures of Chef Lynn's French toast from the Restaurant Makeover, but I found her recipe for it here.


I hope you try this too!

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment