However, their little get-together didn't push through. I made this recipe for my friends last night. Their general comment was the meat was tender, moist and very cheesy (in a good way I think). This is a very easy recipe that you can do anytime.
7-9 pcs chicken breast fillets
1 can cream of chicken
1/4 dry white wine
1 can button mushrooms
herbs and spices (I used rosemary, thyme, tarragon, and paprika)
grated Parmesan Cheese
Gruyère/Swiss Cheese, sliced
floursalt and pepper
1. Pre heat oven to 350F
2. On 3 bowls, mix together: a) flour, salt, pepper, paprika, b) beaten eggs, c) breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese, herbs
3. Pat dry the chicken breast fillets using paper towels. Coat the chicken in the flour mixture completely tapping off the excess. Dip the chicken in the eggs and roll it in the breadcrumb mixture covering it completely.
4. Fry the chicken breast fillets on a frying pan until half cooked (4-5 minutes per side). After frying, place the chicken in an oven safe dish.
5. Sauté the onion until tender. After a few minutes, add the mushrooms. Continue sautéing until the onions are caramelized. Place the mushroom and the onions on top of the chicken.
6. Thinly slice the Gruyère and top it on the mushroom and onions.
7. Mix together the cream of chicken and 1/4 cup dry white wine until smooth. Spoon it over the chicken.
8. Cover the oven dish with foil and bake it for 30-40 minutes.
9. Serve. Bon appétit!